"Saving images in memory" causes 2-3 min lag every time

HMichael

Question

Hey guys

So this is the first time I've had this issue. 

I'm working on a large file at the moment and while scrolling or working it's pretty smooth, until I suddenly get an intense lag spike where I can't work for several minutes.

In the bottom right corner it always says "Saving images in memory". I hope that makes sense as I translated it directly from Dutch.

I figured my images used for my drawings we're too big, but I already decreased them in size significantly (1000px / 4mb each) which did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas on why this happens? How I could fix this?

This is the message that appears bottom right:

1958066297_Schermafbeelding2022-10-04om16_46_33.png.0dae16cb55dd6e1dcb0e1a0292f1339e.png

Thanks in advance

Michael

1 answer to this question

Hi Michael, 

As they provide crucial insight, can you please include in your post or add to your signature

• The version and service pack of your Vectorworks. E.g. 'Vectorworks 2023 SP0'
  • The spec's and operating system of your computer. (See my signature for example). 

I would expect this to be a fleeting issue that can be fixed simply by restarting Vectorworks, or (better still) by quitting all apps, restarting the computer. 

If restarting doesn't help, open Activity Monitor and check how much memory Vectorworks is using and also take note of the Memory Pressure graph at the bottom of the 'Memory' tab. If it is yellow, orange or red you have your answer. Free up memory by closing other apps and webpages or add more to your computer if your model supports this. 

If memory consumption or pressure is not an issue, see if this problem occurs in a new blank document using a newly-created screenshot image (Command-Shift-3). 

Remember to share your results!