Layer visibility is not working

MGuilfoile

Question

In a VW 2022 SP4 drawing, I have two Layers: "PDF Underlay," and "Walls." I have two classes: "PDF Image," and "Walls Class." I put the PDF of a building floorplan on the "PDF Underlay" layer and my ongoing wall construction on the "Walls" Layer. I put the PDF layer under the Walls layer so I can draw on top of the PDF without my selecting it and moving it by accident. No matter what I do or how I organize the two layers and two classes, the PDF obscures the Walls. Not that is should matter, but the layers have the same Top/Plan orientation and are at the same scale. All visibilities are "on," in fact, I can do a lasso select around the PDF and all of the walls (which I cannot see due to the PDF obscuring them) are there

PDFs have been causing problems for a while now and I'm wondering if this is more of this or something new. Please remember that I am using VW2022, so refrain from offering fixes that would have worked in previous versions, but are now obsolete. Please don't suggest I change the transparency of the stubborn PDF. That's not really a solution. This is a very simple drawing with a very simple layout that I'm hoping has a very simple solution. I think I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. I'm hopeful I'm just thickheaded.

Thanks,

MGuilfoile

2 answers to this question