materials not displaying

Shortnort

Question

7 answers to this question

Below is an example of a downloaded project from VW straight from the download.  The screen shots are from a drawing sheet showing before and after I Reloaded the views. For some reason textures/materials DO NOT render.  I have closed and rebooted my machine, have reinstalled VW twice, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  I have a feeling it is a graphics card issue, register setting or another setting somewhere that I am not aware of.  I had a similar problem when I first got VW2021.  I was using Windows 7 and was told that Cineware wa not compatible with that windows version, so I had to use VW 2020.  I have subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 (which has been a royal pain by the way) and have been very pleased with VW 2022.  Is there a similar issue now with Windows 10?

image.thumb.png.36e5f42fbc1ab6db8da3094541dff1a3.pngimage.thumb.png.25ea29d323d02353bf106cfa866eee76.png

Below is an example of a downloaded project from VW straight from the download.  The screen shots are from a drawing sheet showing before and after I Reloaded the views. For some reason textures/materials DO NOT render.  I have closed and rebooted my machine, have reinstalled VW twice, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  I have a feeling it is a graphics card issue, register setting or another setting somewhere that I am not aware of.  I had a similar problem when I first got VW2021.  I was using Windows 7 and was told that Cineware wa not compatible with that windows version, so I had to use VW 2020.  I have subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 (which has been a royal pain by the way) and have been very pleased with VW 2022.  Is there a similar issue now with Windows 10?

image.thumb.png.36e5f42fbc1ab6db8da3094541dff1a3.pngimage.thumb.png.25ea29d323d02353bf106cfa866eee76.png

Thank you.  Yes, I had read those comments.  I rebooted, but nothing changed.  I then re-installed VW23 - same issue.  Rebooted again - nothing changed. This is so frustrating.  It seems that whenever I get ANY updates to software, etc. I run into a myriad of issues. I thought I would never get Windows 10 to recognize my network drives - Windows turned off auto detect for some reason.  I am thinking that possibly the issue with VW23 is a setting in the registry.