Separate worksheets for separate areas?

Ramon PG

Several ways to do this but all involve Criteria for the database.

You can use Layer as a criteria and specify only objects on a specific (or multiple) layers.

You can use Class as a criteria and specify only object in a specific (or multiple) layers.

You could also draw a polygon around the different spaces and give it a name in the OIP. You can then use a LOC (Location) criteria to force the database to only report on objects that are "contained" (surrounded) by the named object. But that operates across Layers, so if you had objects on a different (possibly not visible) layer, they could be shown in the database.

So you might need to use a combination of all three types of criteria to get what you need.

Ask again if you need more help.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

Several ways to do this but all involve Criteria for the database.

You can use Layer as a criteria and specify only objects on a specific (or multiple) layers.

You can use Class as a criteria and specify only object in a specific (or multiple) layers.

You could also draw a polygon around the different spaces and give it a name in the OIP. You can then use a LOC (Location) criteria to force the database to only report on objects that are "contained" (surrounded) by the named object. But that operates across Layers, so if you had objects on a different (possibly not visible) layer, they could be shown in the database.

So you might need to use a combination of all three types of criteria to get what you need.

Ask again if you need more help.

Thanks for the super fast answer. I'll need some time to digest it and do some testing. Not sure I've used criteria before for Worksheets, but layer criteria sounds the easiest. Do I add it to the formulas?

image.png.a54d9ecd72f18c28a5d2cf8572239820.png

Edited by Ramon PG
  • 3 weeks later...

I think he's talking about changing the name of a layer that is also a criterion in a database.

If you have a Criteria for a database that includes L='Old Layer Name'

and then change the name of the layer to 'New Layer Name' in Organization, then the Criteria for the database will still have 'Old Layer Name' and the number of objects that meet the criteria will be 0.

I think that's what @Ramon PG was talking about.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, Pat Stanford said:

What do you mean "lost the reference"?   I don't understand.

Can I have a column with just one of the three names I used in the Custom Occupant Organization (of the Space Object Info)? I cant find the settings for it.

Edited by Ramon PG

As part of the Database Criteria, it should be

Field Value   Custom Occupant Organization (of Space Object info) IS and then the name you are looking for. 

That should return only the spaces that have that occupant.

The Field name is actually a pulldown, so it should be relatively easy to find once you find Space Object Info in the list.

20 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

As part of the Database Criteria, it should be

Field Value   Custom Occupant Organization (of Space Object info) IS and then the name you are looking for. 

That should return only the spaces that have that occupant.

The Field name is actually a pulldown, so it should be relatively easy to find once you find Space Object Info in the list.

I'm getting zero items. What should I chose in this field?

I seem to have two kinds of Spaces. One does not have the Custom Occupant Organization field.

image.png.b69ce75578a6319fdb852a3470e6bf70.png

Edited by Ramon PG

The green field should be the name of the field in the Space Object Info record that you are using for the Occupant Organization.

The pulldown shows every field of every PIO in the document, so you probably want to use the disclosure "triangles" on the left edge to close all of the PIOs except for the Space Object Info. Then pick the correct field from the field options shown.

2 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

The green field should be the name of the field in the Space Object Info record that you are using for the Occupant Organization.

The pulldown shows every field of every PIO in the document, so you probably want to use the disclosure "triangles" on the left edge to close all of the PIOs except for the Space Object Info. Then pick the correct field from the field options shown.

It doesn't work with Custom Occupant Organization is chosen in the criteria, no items appear in the Worksheet.

When I select Occup. Organization in all the Spaces, the Worksheet will work.

Thanks, always!!

PastedGraphic-1.png

Edited by Ramon PG