Sheet Layer Page size

AceRoehrborn

Question

What controls the page size settings of a newly created sheet layer?

I mostly print to 11x17.  It would be nice if when a sheet layer was created it was automatically that size. 

From File - Page setup I have selected a printer and defined the page size as 1 page horizontal and vertical with a paper size of 11x17.  I have all existing sheet layers in a drawing set to the printer I want and 11x17 page size.  When I create a new sheet the printer setup is correct with paper size, but the pages are Horizontal .64 and vertical 7.65 paper size is essentially set as if it were 8.5x11.  

Also related, is there a way to default to 11x17 even when that printer is offline or not available on the network and even keep that default across files?

Worth noting I am on VW 2021 on windows 10.

3 answers to this question

You don't have to have a printer installed to select a standard sheet.

Additionally, I prefer to make custom pages and set up my margins to suit my preferences, not a specific printer.

So, by choosing "format for any printer" in the page attributes window, you should be good.

Once you have done that, each new Sheet Layer you create will use this, though you can change one or all Sheet Layers later if you desire.  You can even have different sheet sizes on different Sheet Layers if needed.

Once you get a file set up the way you like, make it a template file from which to start and you'll rarely have to deal with this again.

6 hours ago, AceRoehrborn said:

Where do I select the standard sheet size?

Where is the format for any printer option?

On the Mac, it is found by going to File -> Page Setup -> Printer Setup

The Page Setup dialog box then gives you the opportunity to select your sheet size and formatting for either a specific printer or "any printer".

I imagine the Windows method is pretty similar, if not identical.