vector works & artlantis

Artifex

A fairly general request from a long time Acad & Accurender user who is commited to learning Vectorworks & Artlantis (vw 9.5.2 & artlantis render 4.0). Have greatly appreciated the Tech Board for finding my way through the Vectorworks side of things, and would have gladly chosen Renerworks if I had the processor and memory to cope with it.

What I am really looking for is some general information on getting the most out of this software combination. I realise that this forum may not be the best place to discuss someone else's product and will gladly correspond by e-mail if anyone is in a position to offer the occasional bit of sage advice.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by rjtiedeman:

I attempted to use Artlantis with Vectorworks but as I remember Artlantis requirest that you name all your parts in vectorworks before converting the file. Many times I build quick files for rendering jobs (POP and exhibit) and it was more time wasted that I couldn't get paid for.

Bob T

That is not correct.

There are several ways to export a file from VW to Artlantis.

The easiest is by the use of the plugin Artlantis offers for free to VW users, using this plugin you can choose the way objects will be distinguished in Artlantis , it can be by its color, texture or the class they are in...

Artifex

You can try the Artlantis forum for more info on this software, its hosted by www.architosh.com