Z:0 changes when importing dwg reference

lauripit

Question

When importing dwg files as reference something strange happens to drawing Z-coordinates. If I look the drawing form the side view (attached picture) the Z:0 seems to be moved a lot below where it used to be. But still for example if I draw a rectangle on a layer (with elevation 0) it will show up on the same level where the Z:0 used to be. Not where the Z:0 seems to be now?

I know that User origin changes the X,Y values and you can change the elevation per layer. But how to change the "global" Z coordinate of the drawing? I'm totally stuck here. What the hell is going on here??

side view.png

1 answer to this question

Someone may correct me but I think the rulers are pretty meaningless in 3D views unless the User Origin is coincident with the Internal Origin. The main thing is what it says in the OIP for the object's elevation or when you hover the cursor over the object what it says in bot RH corner of screen. The ruler is still giving a Y value not a Z value.

See:

• Like 1