ID Symbol Problem

Ramon PG

CASE 1:

When I click the "On Schedule" box in the Object Pallete for a Window I get the hexagonal window symbol placed partially on top of the window. I can edit the ID-Prefix etc. But if I try to move the symbol in the Design Layer it behaves like it is Krazy Glued to the window and will drag it out of the wall. If I try to delete it I delete the window, too. Clicking on the ID shows five handles, inc. a center one, but I can't do anything with them.

I was able to place a window and create an ID for it that will move around, until inserted in a wall; then same problem...

CASE 2:

Usign the ID symbol will create the desrired ID symbol (hex for window, in this case) only that it will be located about a mile (at scale...) from the actual window. At first it seemed like no symbol was drawn. I found out was was happening after I chose the Draw Leader option. Same as above I can't delete it w/o deleting the window.

CASE 3:

Also, checking the "On Schedule" box will not automaticaly "check" the Window Record (Data) and even after manually checking it (Window Record), I get no Height, Width, etc. recorded in the Schedule. The will appear if I manually enter the info in the Data section of Obj Info.

I do get window information if I create a Window Report (different than Record) regardless of whether or not I checked the "On Schedule" box in Oj Info.

[ 11-16-2005, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

I haven't yet experiment a lot with the windows. So far I discovered that you can put the id tag in a separate class so that you can turn it of (see id settings).

I do not get the windows when I unchek the "on schedule" in schedules. Only the checked windows appear.

I haven't found a way to move the id tag so far.but you can change the size of the police and that was usefull.

Imt, thanks for the input.

NNA Tech Support has been quite diligent on these.

CASE 1: Still unsolved. As for now, pull the window from the wall; move ID to desired position; re-insert window in wall.

CASDE 2: Solved after all windows were deleted and new ones inserted in walls.

CADSE 3: Solved. Really , really dumb on my part. I was using old v11 Schedules that did not update properly and was trying to paste Window Reports into the drawing instead of Window Schedules from the Tools>Reports>VA Create Schedule menu.