ConnectCAD / Spotlight - Cablepath changes Design Layer when Cable is drawn

FKA

Hello again,

another problem I am dealing with.

Situation:

I have a floorplan with two levels e.g. "Level 0" and "Level 1" with 3m height difference on two designlayers (same names) and I have two cablepath objects, that are representing the possible cablepaths on each level. One is assigned to designlayer "Level 0" and the other on designlayer "Level 1", so that I can work in 2D view and switch between the different levels with their cablepaths. Basic so far.

Now I want to draw a cable (Spotlight cable toolset) on design layer "Cables" that follows the cablepath on "Level 0" and then continues on "Level 1". I set my design layers to "Show/Snap/Modify others"  and it Works fine But after drawing a cable along the cablepath both cablepaths change their design layer to the same Designlayer the cable was drawn on (Cables).

The result is a mess in my designlayer structure of the cablepaths.

Interesting is that if I undo the drawn cable, the assignment of the cablepath objects to the other designlayer remains.

Is it a Bug or a feature? Who can help? 

PS: no difference when I draw it with the spotlight cablepath tool an not the connectCAD tool

find an example file attached

cablepath_vs_layer.vwx

14 hours ago, Conrad Preen said:

confirm that this is fixed in a forthcoming service pack.

Hello Conrad,

thanks, that sounds good. So I will be able to draw several cablepaths on different layers and can draw cables on another Layer that is following these.

Sounds great for an project I am working on, can you roughly say when this is going to be implemented? Because I would like to take advantage of the cablepath and cable Tool, but I have up to 5 or 6 different Levels and need to layout 2D Plans with cablepathes and also need to keep track of all the cables which are running between these Levels and Droppoints in an worksheet.

PS: I am working with the German version this may delay the update I assume, right?

Thanks for the support

15 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Try setting your layer options to Show/Snap instead of Show/Snap/Modify.  Then the path you draw on Cables should keep all the point there but allow you to trace what is on the other layers.

I got your point but then I can't use the function of the cablepath, because the cable does not detect the cablepath that's on the other Layer and does not follow the path automatically.

So I would loose the whole idea of drawing a cablepath.