Design Options

Rpb

I have noticed that archicad now has an options manager with a "archicad residential" version.

Revit also has an options manager, but I believe it has been part of the program for a couple of versions now. This is something I could use a lot of. I do residential design for a number of contractors, and I typically will use one floor plan and several elevation styles or modify the floor plan in some way. Does anyone else see a need for this type of "options manager" or how do users deal with this type of thing with vectorworks. There may be a way to do this now. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Im starting to get swamped with work, so any ideas that will speed up my production will be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Rpb

VWA 11.5

You set up a drawing with viewports that will do this for you, but i'm not sure what you mean by options...

If you mean that you want a plan and then have options for a different roof design, then you could achieve this by drawing the plan on one layer. creating different roofs on diifferent classes and then setting up viewports. Then some viewports could show one option and the other viewports could show the other options.

Another alternative would be to set the plan up in its own file. Then Work Group Reference the plan from as many different files as needed. . .each "satellite" file containing an exterior version. Or perhaps it works the other way. . .each exterior having a variety of floor plans linked to it.

Now you have three possible solutions.

Good luck,