Creating A smooth surface

How

I am relatively new to Landmark and am still trying to create a smooth looking simple mound. When I convert 3D polys to a DTM then view it in 3d with the solid mesh setting it creates flat triangles where it does not fill properly. I have tried adjusting the minor and major contours but that does not have any effect. Any help apprecited. Thanks

The DTM is based on those triangles -which are created from the original data verticies. All the contours and other display options are "interpolations" from the Triangle Network. (that's my understanding anyway)

For a smoother displayed surface try 3D grid display (say 1m intervals), or, if you have VW12, the Drape NURBS command which is intended to do just what you want.

cheers.

Thanks for your help, that has improved the visual and rendering, I also added new contours at .5m intervals which smoothed out the DTM as well. It is only a small mound 8m high and 20m accross which I dont think the dtm is really designed for such small scale.

Ta.

"I don't think the dtm is really designed for such small scale "

au contrare ... the DTM Procedure is not scale dependent it's only limited by the VW coordinate calculation of 19 decimal places.

You can program parameters at any resolution. Try setting your 2d/3d conversion Preferences to High.