classes attributes

Emi

when you first assign a class to an object you get a dialog that asks you if you want to assign the graphic attributes, if you choose no then it won?t assign the graphic attributes.

But the real question is why you have graphic attributes assigned to your classes that you don?t want to use. if you remove the graphic attributes from the class then it won?t assign the attribute...

this is covered in my Essential Manual under Organising Drawings for those that have my manual.

OK,

How about if you select Yes/Always for assign class attributes and then later change your mind. How do you then reactivate the manual approach?

Regarding Emi's comment, I find that there are a number of items that I regularly put in classes without wanting to assign the class attribute.

For example, a standard technique I've come to rely on is to create a generic "model" class that contains all of the elements that I want to display in 3D such as cornerboards and exterior trim, but I don't want to clutter up my plan drawings. I typically place the individual elements in a "style" class and then as a group put them in the "model" class. In this way, I get elements that update without having to fight with them on the 2D drawings.

Is there a better way to achieve this result?

Thanks,

ok, that's what i tried.

when i change class i say 'no' to assign attributes, the 'at creation' box is not checked. still, i get everything changed.

how do i remove those attributes?

it only happens to me on this new file, but i can't figure out what's the difference with the ones that don't do that. and the vectorworks manual is useless.

thanks again.