Trouble with Architect Learning CD VW 10

Joan

Has anyone received this message when attempting to open Task Mangager in the Learning CD?

This command is dependant on the document structure created by Model Setup and Create Standard Sheets. Please run these commands to intitialize the document before continuing.

i guess you could go though the set up utilities that the error message tells you to go though, then use that file for the exercise.

Isn?t there an exercise file for you to use? Otherwise go on to the next exercise. I don?t use the task manager because I don?t like the file structure that the standard set up commands give to the file...

My belief is that you should learn how to set up your own layers, classes, viewports and sheet layers so that you can make drawings that suit you and your drawing style. However good the programmer is for the standard cammands they can?t guess how you would set up a particular drawing for a specific project.

1. The second part of the Tutorial CD is about setting up a project, and therefore if they have viewed that part of the CD first they should understand what the purpose of the setup is and why they are doing it.

2. Having an understanding of how the drawing information is 'organised' (ie. layers and classes) is a fundamental pre-requisite to drawing capably. After all you wouldn't start teaching someone how drive a car without first making sure they undersood the fundamentals of how to control the car. Why should CAD be any different?

before the Architect CD there are a series of foundation CD?s. These should show you how to set up a drawing (but maybe not a whole project) using layers and classes.

I think that learning about layers, classes, viewports and sheet layers is so important I devoted over 100 pages to it in my Essential Manual. If you learn how to set up your drawings correctly then you don?t the standard set up command and you don?t need the task manager.