VIEWPORTS

I SEEM TO BE having viewport troubles.

Example: I'm working on a desing layer on one of my saved sheets. I want to see how it all looks on one of my sheet layers. I go to layers, select a sheet layer, lats say my RCP sheet. When it loads some of the viewports and/ or annotation layers are missing. If I return to a saved sheet and the go back to the sheet layer, poof, the viewports return. I'm not sure what I'm dong wrong.

Also, how do I set the class settings of a sheet layer and make them stay that way?

thanks

your description sounds like you may not have set up viewports on the 'sheet layer'. saved views can be either a collection of 'design layers' or a single sheet layer, but not a combination of both. viewports can be created only on sheet layers, and all viewports can have their own class and layer settings (which makes them really powerful!).

(by the way, in order to snap to objects while editing a viewport, you must have the classes on within the sheet layer).

so i think you are having a class/layer setting missing within your viewports.

as for the class settings of sheet layers, they can be controlled through the 'edit view' dialog box for that saved view...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sheet layers do not have their own set of class settings. If you want specific class settings for a sheet layer, set up a saved view with those class visibilities. If you want all classes visible on all sheet layers, I'd recommend creating a single saved view that just sets all classes to visible, and select that saved view whenever you go from a design layer to a sheet layer.

Hi Johnathan,

I think I have it mostly fiured out. I may not have explained myself well. I have several sheet layers with viewports on them. I only use the saved views, in the lower left to work on my design layers. The problem I have is when I switch to sheet layers to view or print. I have been using the trick that andrew sugested and that seems to work.

How do you navigate between your various design layers when "drawing"?

thanks,

Seena

classes, i have a tool that turns off classes for me.

I put the notes and dimensions for the RCP on the same class. when you turn off the notes, the dims turn off as well.

if you tell the symbols what class to be on when you make them they will automatically go on that class.

If you set up the wall type library correctly, walls will be drawn on the correct class for you without any more work...