Printer driver for windows XP

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You might want to post this over in the "general / printing" section, as more of our experts will see it. I believe our policy is to provide VW free of change to repro houses, so if you will have your repro house call our customer service number, I think we can solve this in short order.

Viper x

As the one I suggested is free, you are not spending the hundreds Adobe costs, and if it works okay, it's a result. If not you've cost yourself about ?8 in UK money. My bureau which mainly prints from Autocad files had no problems.

I never changed a setting from the install default and it was fine.

[ 11-01-2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: alanmac ]

quote:

Originally posted by alanmac:

Viper x

As the one I suggested is free, you are not spending the hundreds Adobe costs, and if it works okay, it's a result. If not you've cost yourself about ?8 in UK money. My bureau which mainly prints from Autocad files had no problems.

I never changed a setting from the install default and it was fine.

Thanks, I may well give it a try, the print shop has become good at printing my drawings through the viewer now (but it costs more as he has to mess around with the file) so I am loath to jump into another form of printing, but I will give it a try.

Viper X

I can understand you not wanting to change now you have a working solution. Why is he messing about, and what exactly has he got to do, and how much extra is the charge over a "normal" file?

Maybe he's a straight guy but sounds as if he's taking advantage. My bureau expects to do some small amount of work. But that's stuff like checking file, maybe re-orientating it.

What's he got to do if VW's on his machine other than what you'd do printing A4 on your own machine.

It's not like sticking a piece of paper in a photocopier and hitting the go button whatever file you take in Autocad or Vectorworks.

Sounds like he does not want the custom, price it up and hopes you'll find a cheaper option elsewhere.

Alan