CD rates

Hi- I am just trying to get an idea of where I might find some info concerning what architects charge for doing CAD drawings. I am not quite sure this is the right place to ask but mabe someone can provide a link of where i might find info on this. I am sure there is several differesnt ways to charge and also where you are in the country but I just wnated to get an idea

Thanks

in the old days, the rule of thumb was 40 hours per sheet- hand drafting. we can't use that anymore due to the efficiency of computer drawings.

i am from the norteast usa. if you are looking for rates for straight drafting by someone who is not a registered architect, i'm guessing a $25-50/hour range, depending on the complexity of the building, the time schedule, the quality of the drafting and the skill of the drafter. the rate would go higher if the drafter was an architect.

as an alternate, you can check with the local chapter of the AIA where you are located. or, the best thing is to ask other architects in your area what theior rates are. its no secret. good luck.