Convert copy to lines

zero

Hi all

So I create a sheet of elevations by doing the following;

Use the model view tool, select the mod-floor, mod-roof, and mod-slab layers. Rotate the view, sleect the layer links, and "convert copy to lines".

I wait for the 'render' to execute (which btw, is too slow for a $3000 piece of software).

I then try to move the grouped lines, and the drawing 'stalls', for like 3 minutes. CPU usuage explodes to 100%. I wait for about 3-5 minutes, and it 'comes right; It seems no matter what I select on the current layer causes the freeze.

Anyone have any ideas (buying a faster computer is not an option at present).

VWA10.1, win2k sp3, p3 550, 256mb RAM

THANKS

Are you selecting "hidden line render"? Usually when I do this, I select the layer links, convert copy to lines, check hidden line render, and then do a command x (cut). I then past the view in the location i want to work. It is quite speedy- i've never encountered the slowness you describe. I am not sure what you mean by "rotate the view", there are several presets under the model menu. maybe its the dreaded windows sytem....

New Zealand....Our $ is worth 55 cents US, still, A medical Doctor(my wife) earns $800/week after tax, So VWA costs almost a months wages for her. Me being self employed is hard to say how much I earn.....

But, yep, I'll hafta get more RAM then!