MOVING SCHEDULES IN VW 9.5

Rodger

I HAVE CREATED A DOOR SCHEDULE IN A DRAWING AND I NEED TO TRANSFER IT TO ANOTHER DRAWING. I HAVE TRIED TO CUT AND PASTE THE SCHEDULE BUT ALL OF THE INFO IS DELETED FROM THE SCHEDULE EXCEPT THE DATABASE HEADERS. I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO IMPORT THE SCHEDULE BUT THAT CHANGES ALL OF THE FONTS AND PUTS ALL THE INFO IN DECIMAL FORM. HOW CAN I DO THIS AND STILL HAVE ALL OF THE INFO KEPT ON THE SCHEDULE.

Shcedules, as far as I know, cannot be moved to another file without losing all the data. Since the schedule is reporting the data in that file, if it will not read anything. I think, though, that if you create a workgroup reference, you might be able to get it to work, if the correct layers are referenced. Since the worksheets are studborn creatures, we always keep thme within the files they are collecting data from. Hope this helps.

Why are you trying to place the schedule in another file?

The way we put schedules on their own sheets is by workgroup referencing the file with the record the schedule is from (making sure that all layers in the original drawing that have record information are referenced). We then create the scedule in that new drawing.

Since you've already got your door schedule set up the way you want it in the original drawing, rather than re-creating and re-formating it, you can just put it on it's own layer. Then workgroup reference that layer to the new drawing.

The problem with the latter method is that if you make any changes you have to recalculate the schedule in the original drawing, then update the workgroup reference in the new drawing, then recalculate the schedule in the new drawing. Plus, every time you update the reference, I think it asks you if you want to replace the schedule (yes), which is kind of a pain. If you're starting from scratch, it's easier to use the first method where the schedule is only in the new drawing.

THE ONLY WAY I AM GETTING THIS TO WORK IS BY PUTTING THE DOORS ON THE WORKGROUP REFERENCE LAYER. IF I ONLY INCLUDE THE ID INFO ON THE REFERENCE LAYER THE SCHEDULE IS BLANK. IS THIS THE ONLY WAY I CAN DO THIS? I'D LIKE TO AVOID HAVING ALL OF THESE DOORS IN THE DRAWING IF I COULD. ANY IDEAS?

What I have done in the past is to create the worksheet on the source document, and show it on a laver. Then select the displayed worksheet and make a symbol out of it.

In the target doc, reference the source doc.and import the worksheet symbol, and insert it where you want it to display. When updating the target doc. you will be asked if you want to replace the worksheet - click yes. A small pain, but you can set the workgroups to update only manually.