Dubman

SP3.1 Crashing

Question

VW SP3.1 is crashing on my when trying to open files from file folder & when opening from Recent Files. This has happened 3 times since down loading the latest service pack. Is anybody else having these crashing?

7 answers to this question

Hey Juan, it just crashed again when trying to open a 18,230 kb file from the files folder, this time the dialog box that said VW not responding, below that it showed a number of steps in trying to open & then crashed. Attached is the latest crash reports.

Thanks!

VW User Log Sent.txt VW User Log.txt

@Dubman 

I submitted this new crash log to our QA team, and they are investigating. Lately, we had had some reports about weird issues with some applications after upgrading Win 10.

Can you create a new user profile and see if that helps? 

I'll try that when I get the chance, very busy at the moment. FYI, about 2 weeks ago I did a complete re-install of VW, I even removed every VW & Nemetschek item from the registry, rebooted, then new install, & re built my user folder. Was having many little issues, it helped some, but past few days it is becoming unstable.

I'll reply to this thread when I get the change to make a new user profile.

Thanks!

Following up with another VW crash when opening a file that I had open earlier this morning. It is a file of people symbols that I copy past from. I open it & copy from it many times before with no problems like this morning. I'm going to see if I have time to create a new user profile. Juan, you mention other are having issues after upgrading to windows 10, I did this a long time ago, and have had no crashing issues until recently. But do have many other issues; like when using the arch, polyline, & polygon tools, I can not change any attributes until I click off & then back on to the object. The arch tool, sometime it can only be drawn in one direction, other times I can draw them either direction. The Navigation Palette, I can not scroll thru my classes, layers, or sheet layers until I adjust it size, then it will allow me to scroll down to see all of the classes, layers, & sheet layers. I've had problems with my default text changing to some system font, but this has not happened for a while. Every day is a learning experience on how VW is going to act for me. This is why each morning I save the file I'm working on to a new date so if a crash I can always go back to yesterdays file & continue.

Is VW more stable on a mac?