Internal Origin and Active Layer Plane - Mine are not congruent

I've been noticing that the Flyover tool keeps losing the camera center that I select using 'Interactive Origin Mode' and defaulting on my active layer axis at 0,0,0

As this is awkward, I was reading up in the help pages on Working Plane, Active Layer Plane and Internal Origin.

The help pages say "The working plane can be moved, aligned to different objects or surfaces, and rotated, unlike the active layer plane, which remains constant at the internal drawing center." My emphasis.

This is not the case in any of my files.

The active layer plane axis is very far away (1827' 10.719" in the attached example) from the Internal Origin.

Example:

I put a Red extruded cube 1. at the Internal Origin and a Blue Cube 2. at 0,0,0

423342456_InternalOriginvsactivelayerplaneaxisC.thumb.jpg.e4ed61b5aab74614ccb2678e0f5e0a30.jpg

Tumble into 3D

Active Layer Axis is WAY far away from both Internal Origin and  model.

1922151472_InternalOriginvsactivelayerplaneaxisD.thumb.jpg.a3e2fe763c242df05986706f0be44713.jpg

If I understand correctly this make the default camera focus center very far from the center of my model - and therefor awkward when the flyover tool defaults to that point.

Questions:

Is this normal?

if not what have I done to cause this in EVERY file?

How do I fix it?

Everything in your screenshots looks correct to me. Point 2 is your User Origin (the 0,0 point) + point 1 is your Internal Origin. Presumably you have moved your georeferenced geometry closer to the internal origin + shifted the user origin in the process. When you select 'Active Layer Plane Origin Mode' of the flyover tool it should move you around the Internal Origin i.e. the blue cross hairs or centre of blue grid. You're saying it's not doing this + instead rotating around the user origin i.e. the RGB axes?