DBLD

Sharing a project file

Hi, 

We have created a template file that contains a lot of resources that we regularly use. We also from time to time need to share a project file with collaborators but we don't want to share the extra resources associated in the file. Is there a way to do this?

Cheers,
Dan

The best way to remove resources from a file is to use the Purge Command. However, the resources for that file will not be recoverable, so you need to use this command with some caution.

Personally I am not a fan of Template files apart from storing document preferences such as Unit setup as well as Dimension styles. I use Workgroup Library folders to bring in all my resources.  I also use a file that holds all my Classes and Layers, which I import as necessary.