VW12 and Dual Core Processors

I had read about a month or two ago on the VW news ( can't find it now) that Apple had released the intel about 6 months before they had committed to an as a result a lot of developers, including VW were not quite ready for it. As a result VW was operating on Rosetta which results in no speed increase and in some cases slower when using VW. Has this been resolved?

I am looking at upgrading to the intel laptop and VW 12 but will not do so until this is completely resolved.

Does anyone have any input?

[ 03-18-2006, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Balus ]

So Katie,

What improve's 12 speed? Motherload of RAM? Processor speed? I have to order a new machine because 12 is slower than watching paint dry when it comes to processing section viewports or the glacial door and window menus (a full 3 seconds to open). Situation untennable....

Back again for more:

I was reading on another CAD software site about the use of RAID level 0 to improve CAD performance:

"The advantage of using a RAID disk drive with your CAD workstation is the ability to speed access to the disk, application, and OS. A RAID employs multiple drives to break up the tasks across multiple disk drives. The user only sees one drive, but the OS can access multiple disks at the same time."

Would Vectorworks take advantage of this type of hardware configuration?

Hey Ray:

I'm looking at XI computers. AMD dual core chips. Better to have two PCIe video cards for two monitors or try to pile it on to one card? My machine in the office uses one card,two monitors, the one at home, two monitors but uses two cards. I can't tell the difference. Things like the door and window menu in 12 are intollerably slow on both machines, one's w2k the other xp.