VW 12.0.1-Menus go inactive

I'm curious if this is just a Mac phenomenon. If you open a new file, choose an isometric view with Stack layers turned on and open GL rendering on and THEN you hold down the CONTROL key and click with the mouse (the usual method of bringing up the pet pallete)...

At that point, all of my menu items will become inactive. moving the view sometimes will reactivate them, but more often than not, it doesn't. If it does, try control clicking again. At this point, you can still navigate around the drawing as normal, but you can't cut, paste, delete, save, or even quit VW. I have found that by closing the file window you can force the program into asking you to save your file and then you can force-quit VW.

Can anyone else replicate the above? If so, I'll submit it as a bug.

Thanks,

Bruce,

Stack Layers is in the Views Menu. It is a partial replacement for Layer Linking for viewing layers at their assigned Z value relative to each other.

Matt,

I'm assuming that Control-click is similar to right click on a PC to access context menu. On my PC it doesn't do anything.

George

[ 03-15-2006, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: George Hannigan ]

Mathew,

I can replicate most of it.

New file

Turn on Stack Layers

Go to Iso view

Render Open GL

Right (Ctrl)click...

I get a message:

"This tool cannot be used while Stack layers mode is on unless the view is plan". (As far as I can see you don't seem to be able to much at all with stack layers on anyway except look at it. It appears to be purely a viewing mode rather than a "working" tool.)

Most of the View menu options are lost. Even if I go to Plan the contextual menu is lost (why do you call it the "pet pallette BTW?), the View menu shows it as still being in the iso view, Class and Layer options are lost etc.

I'd say; submit that bug mathew.

The Right Click menu on my PC retains its functions, so it may be a Mac issue.

You can co some editing & content creation in Stack Layers in other than Plan View. You can align objects across layers in either Plan or Elevation. Some of the 3D tools work, you can create some 3D objects, rotate them from the Menu command. 2D operations seem to limited to Plan View.

I have to play with it more to see what else can be done.

George