Wall Tool

I've noticed that the wall tool preferences in v12 have been changed (for the worse in my case). Firstly one has to mouse click 2 times more than in v11. Secondly, the customised wall tools I've created (using a combination of the Custom Tool/Attribute and VectorScript Plug-in Editor) does not work anymore. These customised walls are critical to my productivity cause I've got about 28 various wall types. What must I do? [Mad]

• 4 months later...

I recently "upgraded" to 12 and am having the same problem. All of my custom wall palettes that I've been using in VW 9, 10 and 11 no longer work. I have recreated the same wall cavity setup in 12 and used the Custom Tool/Attribute command to save them, but they don't work either. They all can be recreated as Wall Styles that do work, but I have 5 palettes with over 100 wall types that I use for walls, counters and casework in plan, and building materials in section. That way I have manageable groups of tools in palettes for each application. With Wall Styles they would all have to go in one giant, unmanageable list, in the wall tool preferences dialog.

Perhaps, the NNA Programmers should be more mindful of the situation regarding all us 'typical' legacy Users with vast libraries of really-kool customized symbols, worksheets, classes & stuff ( and endless WGR drawings ). The new & improved V12 Wall Tool seems to have thrown "the baby out with the bath water ..."

quote:

Originally posted by islandmon:

The new & improved V12 Wall Tool seems to have thrown "the baby out with the bath water ..."

The baby appears to be the ability to organise them, so wouldn't the ability to better organise wall styles (instead of just alphabetically) fix the problem? (you still have to recreate all your wall styles of course)

What about a utility to convert all the cool stuff you have done with wall styles in previos versions ????

This would be useful, although I'd prefer it if Wall Styles simply behaved in the same or similar as every other resource (i.e. you should be able to convert a wall into a Wall Style with the click of a button). They seem to be in a class of their own in terms of their behaviour.

A couple of other problems:

1) You can't override Wall Style colours in a viewport (although you can override everything else).

2) If you change the class of a styled wall it changes the atrributes to the class settings. If you change the class back to the original class you don't get your style back.

3) You can't use the eyedropper to change a styled wall.

4) You can use the eyedropper to take atrributes from a styled wall and apply those attributes to an unstyled wall but it doesn't give the wall the Wall Style, only the attributes.