BIM & construction drawings

I apologize for posting this again, but I?m still not getting it.

some have mentioned that VW should be more robust in the area of 3d "hot links" such as sections. maybe. but does this mean i will have to draw in "Ice & Water Shield" in 3d at all my windows just in case i want to have a detail of that for the construction drawings? Or will i have to type all that information in the object info. palette which is already overwhelming when dealing with parametric objects. all the while thinking, "is this really going to work?"

when I say ?is this really going to work?? I mean, how is it going to translate in to construction drawings.

Mechanix - what you model is what you see.

So if you model a window simply as just fixed glass to begin with this is how it will apear in any elevations or live sections generated from the model. If you go back and add detail to the window afterwards through the OIP this will then show in the elevations and live sections generated from the model.

One of the advantages of VW is that you don't have to model if you don't want to. You can use the program in 2D if you wish and manually draw your elevations and sections, whilst still using the wall tool and parametric doors and windows for your plans. The choice is yours.