Logitech mouse settings for Zoom?

I'm really happy using my Logitech mouse. The scroll button will pan up and down, or with an option key down will zoom in and out, or with a the shift key down will pan right and left.

I would like to switch the zoom in and out to the default with no modifiers and the pan up and down when the option key is held.

The Logitech mouse center software just lets you set the button to scroll. I can't find anything in the mouse software or VW to change this.

Any of you Logitech users figured this one out?

Thanks for the help.

Don't mean to derail your question, but I switched from a Logitech mouse to Kensington's rollerball about six months ago. . .partly because their software seemed to work so much more smoothly with OSX and VWA. Plus I got four programmable buttons and got rid of most of my carpal complaints.

Regretfully, that doesn't answer your question very well. Hopefully other eyes will see this.

Good luck,

Travis,

I did try a Kensington ball for a whole month. I loved the ability to program all the buttons but I didn't like the trackball. Going back to the mouse was like taking off leg weights. I have most of my commands on single key strokes on the keyboard.

I just want to zoom without holding down a helper key.

Thanks,

To make the rollerball/mouse do the zooming, select the Zoom Tool (magnifying glass icon) and set preferences to Interactive Mode. Now, whenever you hold down the click button the ball/mouse becomes the "zoomer".

Regretfully, you can't set the Interactive Mode preference to be the default.

Good luck,

No go on the Zoom with scoll wheel only. Here is the response from Logitech.

Dear Larry,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Pointing Devices.

I understand that you want to change the functions of the scroll wheel to perform Zoom using just the Scroll Wheel and to Scroll up and down using the combination of Option Key with the wheel.

Unfortunately, the functions cannot be assigned to the scroll wheel as mentioned by you.

Larry,

Check out a device called the Shuttle Pro2 by Contour Design. It's actually designed for video editing, but it works great with CAD and graphics programs. I have been using one for months with VW 11, AutoCAD, Paint Shop Pro and Corel Draw. I have set up the "jog wheel" to zoom in and out in VW. This makes it possible to zoom with a finger tip.

By the way, I also use a Logitech MX500-I wouldn't give it up for the world. It's the best optical mouse out there.