When trying to drag a wall, "Datum" won't let me

Hello.

I am drawing a model, and several times, when trying to drag a wall, the smart cursor tells me "Datum", it draws a small circle, and the wall won't move. I have to fight continuously with this.

Am I doing anythinh wrong, or this is the way it is supposed to work? I just want to drag a wall to snap to a line I just had draw.

Thank you,

Hugo - sometimes a 'secondary' connected wall will stop you from 'dragging' a wall to a new location in Enable Connected Wall Mode.

I suspect this is what is happening in your instance - if you can move the wall in the opposite direction to what you want this will confirm this. Often the offender is a connecting wall close to or at the corner intersections of the walls (a T intersection of 3 walls will nearly always cause this problem). Break the connected wall link, and then see if you can move the wall. After completing the 'moves' you can reconnect the offending wall.

Be aware that if you have profiled any of these walls to roofs you will have to redo these.

[ 08-26-2005, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

Mike,

This is exactly what is happenning. I have connected walls. The procedure you explained works for me, but it is disappointing having to break the connection, then move the wall, and then reconnect the walls again. This could be automatic.

Thank you for your input.

• 4 months later...

With the cursor tool selected, look to the right of the cursor tool button, the upper left-hand corner of the window. Go to the fifth icon from where the cursor tool is, the Enable Connected Wall Mode, and deselect it.

Bothersome, isn't it?

This is one of those really anoying defaults. Ever notice how the default setting is (usually) not at all what you want, so you end up frequently having to change it?