Tanner Shelton

Better Color Picker for Windows Version

Question

7 answers to this question

Agreed! And the sample rectangle is way too small.

I also wish that the color picker could somehow select from screen values outside of the VW application. (i.e. pick up the color of a paint swatch in an internet browser).

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 6:16 AM, ericjhberg said:

I also wish that the color picker could somehow select from screen values outside of the VW application

Like this? with a tool like color pic it would rock!

I really like the Substance Painter color picker, and the Illustrator color picker. I wish the Illustrator version had an eyedropper for anywhere on the screen, and I wish the Substance one used normal RGB values and had a place to enter a hex code. I really like how Substance painter displays the information with the Hue Saturation and Brightness seperate levels so you can very easily just increase the brightness or decrease the saturation or change the hue. It makes it really easy to get the right colors. Both are not perfect, so if the Vectorworks version could include the good of both of these features, that would be awesome.

Here is the Illustrator color picker

ZxLh5.thumb.png.b919b813f2dcba081d0533c9dceb546b.png

Here is the Substance Painter color picker

colorpicker.thumb.jpg.44f66d2b8e2f20f4e1cd57908c1fba21.jpg

7 hours ago, Aspect_Design said:

Like this? with a tool like color pic it would rock!

Exactly...I actually use this one, but the point is the same...it would be awesome if Vectorworks had this capability natively. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yes a better colour picker with functionality like one of the two mentioned above would be really nice to have. E.g when having a background map of which you want to use some of its colours for your own overlays it would save quite a bit of time.

Anyone know how the Mac version of the color picker is? I only used the Mac one for a few weeks and I don't remember if it had issues. I can modify the title to remove the specific Windows verbiage if the Mac one needs updates as well.