problems dealing with circles

Hi Grant

I was wondering about why when I edited my 2D shape such as circles and ellipses that the resulting 3D shape had smoother edges than its circle/ellipse counterpart.

This was due to the circle etc changing to a polyline during the process resulting in more "facet lines". It sounds to me like this is the problem, your circle etc upon editing such as adding and subtracting to another shape is not doing this polyline conversation. The process has become broken or corrupted.

I think I'm right in saying when you say your converting to polygons to achieve this is what should be happening automaticaly during your the editing process so your on the right track.

I have had silly little things like this in the past which I cured just by closing down and restarting the machine.

I don't know what the answer is, as you've obviously tried rebooting etc. Another than trying to reinstall VW I don't know what to suggest.

Best of luck

Regards

Alan

hi Grant

I had this problems quite some time ago - before upgrading my computer RAM and OS.

I was short of computer capacity and remember the frustration not knowing that was the reason.

Cutting ellipses and circles is a big job.