zoeageorg

Vectorworks 2018 freezes glitches pauses when selecting objects, object info pallette slow to load

Question

VW 2018

Every time I select an object such as window, wall or door, the programme freezes and takes ages to load the object info pallette.

The pallette is graphically glitching as it switches info.

The programme hasn't slowed down overall but this is slowing down the work!

6 answers to this question

It is also so slow to changed object info eg. Flip a door, change a wall thickness but using parameters in the object info pallette

Can you try undocking the Object Info Palette and then resizing it? If you work with the OIP undocked, is it still slow?

@jblock yes it is still slow. even when i close the OIP vectorworks takes a long time to select more complex objects

what operating system are you on?

We did a lot of work to the OIP in VW2019 to make it more responsive. I am wondering if you would get the same result in 2019. Do you have a VW2019 license or can you try working in the trial for 2019 to see if it is any better?