Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
IJSSEL

Set View Matrix

What I want to achieve  is having a Pop up node in the IP which gives me 4 choices : 2D/Plan, Front, Right Iso, Left Iso.
I was trying to find out if the Set View Matrix node would do the trick but don't know ( so far) if this is the way to go.
Any help appreciated 😊

I don't believe we have a node in default content that will work for this, but I can look into providing you with a custom one.

The Set View Matrix node does not appear to work in the way you'd wish (I've never used this node and am not exactly sure what its application would be)

That would be great. Whenever you have time for this.

And again, thank you so much for your help !

So, I looked into this today and unfortunately at one point we introduced a method behind-the-scenes to fix a bug in Marionette Objects (they weren't always drawing correctly when in a 3D view) that saves and restores the current view after a Marionette network is run. 

Because of this, unfortunately there's no way to set a view using a Marionette network.

I put in a request to look for an alternative method to solve the Marionette Object issue which will directly fix this issue and I'll try my best to let you know if and when that happens 🙂 

Okay. I understand. Well, who knows, maybe someday we will have a workable solution. Thanks again for your time. Much appreciated.