Zeno

"Clip-Bubble-Cube" VS reality effects

Hello everyone,

Someone can explain me, why VW generated some "bubble effect" on windows when clip-cube is active on a viewport?

Thanks

2016723739_Schermata2019-03-05alle14_34_55.thumb.jpg.395540d7918164657e1e63b20a109f3e.jpg1567832618_Schermata2019-03-05alle14_34_24.thumb.jpg.fd98e165ee1e80e369f8d7f622f3ed39.jpg

Hi @Zeno this looks like a Renderworks viewport. This is because we use C4D's (also CineRender's) boolean objects in RW to do clip cube, and they don't work well with normals. The geometry either looks faceted or too rounded sometimes. It also relates to normals and winding order not being too reliable in VW.

OpenGL viewports shouldn't have this problem though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selin said:

Hi @Zeno this looks like a Renderworks viewport. This is because we use C4D's (also CineRender's) boolean objects in RW to do clip cube, and they don't work well with normals. The geometry either looks faceted or too rounded sometimes. It also relates to normals and winding order not being too reliable in VW.

OpenGL viewports shouldn't have this problem though.

Thank you Selin. Off course OpenGL works well. But i need to do it in a renderworks style.. maybe turning off the background?

• Like 1

I'm afraid backgrounds won't make any difference @Zeno You might need to use a section viewport.

9 minutes ago, Selin said:

I'm afraid backgrounds won't make any difference @Zeno You might need to use a section viewport.

Ou.. 😞

I'll be curious about how you achieved that bubble effect. I never had that problem with my files. Would you like me to take a look at your Renderworks settings and backgrounds? if so, send me a link to your file and I'll send you back a report.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:13 PM, Luis M Ruiz said:

I'll be curious about how you achieved that bubble effect. I never had that problem with my files. Would you like me to take a look at your Renderworks settings and backgrounds? if so, send me a link to your file and I'll send you back a report.

Sorry Luis, but i read only now you rmessage. Sure i will send you some example ASAP and thanks

Another big problem with the "bubble-reflection-clip cube" effect.

Look at the windows near sofas.. at ground floor.. it must be a double glass windows and it seem like 2 submarine circle windows..

In my personal opinion it could be fixed.. O_O O-O O:O O_O 

Or maybe i could project only submarine houses..

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)
( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

1758003171_Schermata2019-03-28alle22_22_33.thumb.jpg.5bcb00acf3a0b94f5bd3226cd441fae4.jpg