VW 11.01 Runtime Error

I'm crashing about twice a day with the famous runtime error: The application has requested an unusual runtime blah blah - call your application folks. I can reboot and work another hour, then another crash if I move a wall. However, the last time it happened it corrupted my 6 gig file and I can't open the file without the error shutting down the system. I'm running an IBM T22 laptop with a gig of ram and XP pro (no SP2!).

Any way to save my file? What about stopping the crashes?

Katie,

Thanks. I updated the driver as suggested, but the file opening brings instant Runtime error and an immediate crash and close of VW. I can still open last week's backup file, so the file iteself must be corrupted. Do you have any backdoor method to recover the crashed file? I've tried copying it in Explorer and the copy file crashes as well.

Katie,

I think the video drivers were the problem as you suspected, but it didn't help the corrupted file. Even after I updated and went to an older backup file, I crashed once, but it seems more stable.

Yes, I bought 11 out of the box and have downloaded 11.01. My IBM T22 laptop is 3 years old and the Savage card is no longer supported - last video driver update was in 2003. Maybe time for another machine....

Thanks again!