How to do

create the new file with the symbols you like in it. save it to your resource folder. in VW, go to the resource browser and select the 'files and folders' button. in the drop down menu select 'add new favorite files' and navigate to the file you just saved. once it's there you can access any item in that file through the resource browser. hope that helps...

The Resource Browser is a palette that allows you to copy resources (symbols, hatches, gradients, worksheets, textures, etc) from one file to another. There are two ways to do this:

first one both files and then use the Resource Browser to point to the other file.

Second, as Jim says, create a file and store in somewhere and then use the Resource Browser to access it.

For a really detailed explanation of how to use the Resource Browser you could try my essential manual. It is designed to help you learn VectorWorks from nothing....

https://vesta.safe-order.net/archoncad/manuals/manuals.php

on the Resource Browser click where the blue button is:

-

choose Add New Favorite Files... choose the new file that you want to link to. This will add the new file to your Resource Browser so that you can access the information in your favorite from any file that you are working on.

This topic on how to add files, use resourses, create resources and so on is too big to answer on this forum, that why I noted that it is covered in detail in my manual, with movies to show you how to use the Resource Browser.