How to Select Point in Viewport - Annotations?

Eddie, I'll take a shot in the dark at your problem. Sometimes when I go to dimension an element in VP Annotation, I can't snap to the point I need to. If I close the Annotation and then reopen it, everything snaps as expected. I can't seem to get it to repeat regularly, so I haven't submitted it as a bug. . .yet.

This assumes, of course, that you've got the correct layers and classes turned on in the VP. (But if you didn't, you probably wouldn't be able to see them to know you weren't able to snap correctly.)

Perhaps this'll help.

[ 01-15-2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Hi Guys,

basically, I create a viewport for the plan view of an architectural object. Around the object require certain clearances. I have drawn on another layer 2D lines indicating the clearances. I want to snap to these lines so I can properly measure the lengths of the 2D lines. I would assume that I should be easy to snap to existing points in the drawings in VPs.

Does this help?

Thanks

Eddie,

Do you have the correct classes turned on? In both places?

Interestingly, if you have the class turned on in the viewport you'll be able to see the object; but UNLESS the class is also turned on under the Classes menu, you won't be able to snap to the object.

Hope that helps,