Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
STERNontwerp

Morphy, pawn to queen

Ever wondered what happens when a pawn promotes to a queen?

Vectorworks_Marionette_Morphy001-570x350

I made a network that morphs from one poly to another. Next step: connect the dots, but I haven't found a way to split a list into seperate lists of equal lengths. Also I haven't found a way to change the starting index of a polyline in a network. It can be done manually with decompose - erase line at starting point - compose - close.

Help with these questions would be appreciated.

Ernst van der Vecht

PS: The Mix2-node is quite complicated. I worked out how it works, but some explanation for new marioneteers could be usefull.

Morphy001.vwx

@ Marissa: I did use chunk list the list, but I didn't know how to handle the resulting list. Have you got any tips where I can find more information on working with lists?

Without the knowledge how to work with the"chunk list"-node, I decided to do it another way. By making a multiple extrude from the two poly's I have been able to cut out the polys that make the change from pawn to queen. So an improvement on the previous version: The drawing now consists of polylines in stead of dots. And the extrusion is a nice bonus.

Vectorworks_Marionette_Morphy006_ErnstvanderVEcht.thumb.jpg.3fab434397db4f5d8d5a746790cf2662.jpg

Morphy006.vwx

• Like 4

After making the pawn-queen morphy, I continued working on the node and made a tessellation of the morph. See explanation below

Morphy-Tessel_ErnstvanderVecht_small-102

Morphy-Tessel_ErnstvanderVecht_expl_cr.j

Morphy-Tessel_ErnstvanderVecht_expl_cr.jpg