Extrudes are invisible inside 3D symbols

Hugo

Hello.

I got a problem. I have the 3D model of a house that I converted to a 3D symbol in order to place it several times inside a site model. The thing is I have many 3D extrudes inside the symbol (to make some stairs most of the time) that are not visible in the drawing, even if I double click the symbol in order to edit it. It looks like they disappeared, but I know they didn't because when I export to Artlantis using the Artlantis export plugin, the extrudes are visible and they render correctly.

Now I want to edit these extrudes but I'm unable because I can't see them. All classes are visible and I can't figure out what happens. Any ideas?

• 8 months later...

I'm having the same problem. I have a flat layout which I've made into a symbol. After extruding the kitchen bench it dissapeared when I exited the symbol.

I've found that you can make it reappear and edit it by switching to 3D view. But this doesn't solve the problem of not being able to see it in 2D. I've checked the line weight, which is not zero, and the pen colour, which is not white.

The work around I'm currently using is to group the extrude with a 2D rectangle (like a hybrid symbol), which is not ideal.

[ 07-19-2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Christiaan ]

If you have a 3d object in a symbol where the symbol is hybrid (2d and 3d), you will not see the 3d object in a 2d view.

To alleviate the problem, create a 2d version of the object while in edit symbol 2d mode.