visiblity of shared classes between layers

We are trying to set out pipes, which run vertically through the building.

We have setup a layer for each floor, which includes a class for the rain water pipes and another class for the soil pipes. We also have a typical grid for setting out.

Is it possible to view one floor layer and the typical grid, as well as the pipes only from another or all other floor layers?

probably a bad explaination, maybe there is another method??

thanks, JEz

You could set up a common layer that is shared by all the floors, such as a 'grid' layer for the grid lines, and a 'stack' layer for the pipes. the layer names you'd have to finesse for your office standards. in that way you can set up views for the floors with or without the pipes/grid. hope this helps...

thanks,

Because all the pipes offset to different locations between the floors, one stack layer would turn into a bit of a mess. This is mainly for checking between floors while drawing. I played with custom visibility, renaming individual stack classes for each floor or even having a seperate stack layer for each floor. All proved to be a bit too complex or too time consuming [Frown] especially if someone else picks up the drawing to work on after me.

Jim - I'm using one floorplans file, which references into individual print files (with a title block symbol, viewport and sheet layer for each page size).

Chris - because it is possible with class visibilities, we should be able to write a typical script, at least until the next release [smile]

[ 10-07-2004, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: jezscott ]