DBLD

GLP GT-1 fixture library

Hello

I am having some issues with the fixture library. I am trying to use a rig of GLP GT-1's in Vectorworks and Vision, there are two issues here.

The first issue is the GT-1 does not appear in the fixture library but it is in the GLP package found in the Service Select download section of the website. If I download this package and copy it to the Objects - Ent Lighting Instruments folder replacing the original GLP.vwx file the GT-1 does not appear in the library. If I open the GLP.vwx file I downloaded it contains the GT-1. Why is the fixture in the file but does not appear if I copy the file to the Objects - Ent Lighting Instruments folder?

A workaround to this is to open the GLP.vwx file alongside the document I am working on, go to Resources and import the fixture from the GLP.vwx file into my document. This imports the fixture to the document I am working on but it is missing a fixture mode to use in Vision.

Can anyone help with either of these issues?

Cheers,

Dan

I have that symbol in my Service Select Library available from the resource browser. Are you sure you have the service select button selected on your resource browser?

1670649255_ScreenShot2018-06-20at08_41_32.thumb.png.f8f6b9e69986cb0762c51ec873dceede.png

Also do you have Cloud services files enabled in preferences?

719348882_ScreenShot2018-06-20at08_42_14.thumb.png.6c9f9dae3c405c4ee34602428c22e56b.png

Hope that helps?

Edited by markdd

Hi Mark

Thank you for your tips. Unfortunately both those things are enabled.

Strangely my list of Service Select fixtures is a lot shorter than yours..

image.thumb.png.05faec1e9058a8958ec6de2ac7418bad.png

And this is the list of GLP fixtures I have which is in the Vectorworks Library as opposed to the Service Select Library.

image.thumb.png.b90a06ed8cb76c3e3bc28e612fb04884.png

Cheers,

Dan

mmmm. Which country are you in? Maybe there is a different contract for different countries?

Ah yes, perhaps you are correct. I am in Australia.

Can anyone from Vectorworks confirm that might be the case?

Edited by DBLD

I know the Architecture package is a little different in Australia. I would go and "question thoroughly" your local tech support!

Edited by markdd

also, after you switch the library in, you will need to run the update on the resource manager to see items in it.  click the gear icon and then refresh libraries.  that should let you see the replaced file.  I would talk to your distributor as to why you have fewer libraries in your resource manager service select libraries.  I believe you use the same cloud database, so it should be the same list; do you get the update libraries when you start VW, and have you run it?