Title block - editing a schedule doesn't update the title block

JMR

Question

Hi,

Editing a value in a drawing schedule will not update corresponding value in the title block, unless one double-clicks the title block. Only then are the changes updated and become visible. Before the overhaul of the title block border tool this worked correctly.

Publishing is of no help here, the title blocks will not update - they require manual double-clicking in order to transfer the changed value from schedule to title block. A bug?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I have also noticed this. We have often resorted to using a worksheet linked with information from the corresponding titleblock record fields to manage multiple title blocks within a drawing set and unfortunately this does throw a small wrench into that workflow.

There is another workaround, but it has never been one I like. After using the worksheet to revise the titleblock information as necessary run the command, Tools > Utilities > Reset All Plug-ins and it should update all the titleblocks with the correct information.

That said, I wish this wasn't a step that is needed. Worksheets should be able to update titleblock information readily and easily, without extra work arounds.