Layer visibility

Scott61

A very basic question. I am new to Vectorworks, as will be apparent.  I created a base layout layer (design layer) on which I have created a "stick floor plan" of a building I went and documented.  I use this base layer to easily create my floor plan, in simple line form, so I can easily adjust issues relating to documentation to arrive at a correct floor plan. Then,  on another layer, I create the finished floor plan.  I use visible and snap from the base layer to the floor plan layer so that I can easily follow my "stick Floor Plan".  Problem is, I cannot get the base layer to be visible along with my new floor plan layer.  Usually in other programs I would simply check "visible" on both layers, but in Vectorworks, I made certain the eyes are "on" both layers but still cannot view my bottom layer.  

Any help?

Thanks in advance

A few things to check:

• You're in Top/Plan
  • Both Design Layers have the same Layer Scale (right click<Edit each to check)
  • Perhaps turning on View<Unified View if it's off, then again checking you're in Top/Plan.
  • If one of your layers has shapes with a solid fill, this will hide objects on layers below it. Layers have a stacking order as listed in the Navigation Palette. (Send to Front/Back only works amongst objects on a single layer at a time). You can change the stacking order or take away the solid fills.