Rotating LED screens

Jimmy DV

Andy Dunning would be the guy to ask and I know he is on a job site. I would personally do it the same way I deal with rotating any entertainment structure in 3D space and that is with a Design Layer Viewport. At some point I’ll create a video detailing how to do that. It’s not hard but there are a few little things you need to do to make it work correctly and keeping your layers and classes organized is key. 

The only way to rotate a hybrid plugin or hybrid symbol in 3D is to either strip the 2D geometry out or do what @scottmooresuggest above. The automated way to do that is to use the Create Plot Model View command from the Visualisation section in the Spotlight Menu. You will need to include an instrument to allow the command to work but you can delete that immediately after its been run.

A while back I made a video about this command. It covers rotating a lighting boom, but the principle is exactly the same for any hybrid object in Vectorworks.5a699d08a9bc6_ScreenShot2018-01-25at09_01_33.thumb.png.9c9c9987f5d3a5dfa5f5abdeeac95dd9.png

LED Screen.vwx

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1