Editing/Duplicating Nested Symbols

calaya

Question

Hello all,

I'm trying to duplicate and edit a lighting symbol in order adjust lineweight and line color but when I right click, I am not presented with the option to duplicate or edit the symbol. I'm trying to do this with a nested Altman R40 strip light symbol. 

What could I be missing here? 

Thanks for your time!

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, markdd said:

Are you sure you are right-clicking on the symbol graphic and not the name text?

i do it all this time.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'm sure. I'm even able to edit and duplicate other symbols. It's only a few symbols that do this.

Are the symbols imported into your drawing? It's very easy to right click on a symbol in the resource browser that is not in the current document. That would give the result you are experiencing. It is unlikely to be a particular symbol or group of symbols. If you are seeing context menu similar to the one below, then that is probably the mistake you are making.

5a5dd02005a9d_ScreenShot2018-01-16at10_12_17.thumb.png.6354d91ef5633e9085e47fc796c7e7fb.png

Can you describe your workflow a bit more, or even take a couple of screenshots?

Mark

Edited by markdd