LauraCB

Export to DWG Issue

Question

Hi All,

I have been having trouble exporting sheets to DWG where the viewport has render works as its background render and hidden line as its foreground render. I can only get the background render (and annotations) to export no matter which export options I select.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I could be doing wrong here?

My current workaround is to change all the viewports to hidden line for the background render to export and then changing them back which is a very time consuming process.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Hello Laura,

Would you, please, attach an example document, which shows your problem?

Thank you,

Nina

Yes of course! Below is an image of how it looks on the sheet with Renderworks as the background render and Hidden Line as the foreground render.

The second one is how it looks when exported as a DWG.

Also attached is a screenshot of the settings used when exporting to DWG. I have tried adjusting these settings but nothing I have tried gets the hidden lines foreground to show. To get the colour fill to export then it seems to convert it into one combined JPG and in this process the black fill appears as well.

Thanks

Laura

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.57.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.58.09.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.58.18.png

Thank you for the images, Laura!

Would you, please, attach an example Vectorworks document (.vwx file)?

Thanks,

Nina

I'm afraid my office will not let me attach the actual vectorworks file. However it is across all the files that I have been using that there is this problem rather than just the one. I suspect it may be a limitation in the DWG export capabilities?

I would say, that it is due to the difference in the CAD packages - there are things, which you can do in Vectorworks, but there is no exact way to export them in a DWG file.