Interior Elevation and Perspective

I have made a model for a restaurant interior. I want to make a presentation with a rendered side elevation and prespective. How could I have it done by without the walls blocked when they are rendering? Further, I mean I want to how any method to project a view like i am stand inside the restaurant?

You can also use the "set 3d view" command (in the VIEW menu). Here's how: go to TOP PLAN view. Select the menu item SET 3D VIEW. Draw a line which starts at your eye location and pulls in the direction you are looking. A dialog will appear. Type in the height of your eye (say 6'/1.8m?) and the height of your "look" (hint, try using the same number for both, eg: you are looking straight ahead). Select a perspective type (I usually use "normal", but you should experiment). Then click OK. You will have your view! (Hint 2: you can adjust the height and width of the view by pulling the corners of the box that surrounds it).

Good Luck

Peter Cipes

Residential Designer

Ashland, Oregon

I have had some success in making this work by making the items that you would be looking through, the offending wall, have no fill for the particular rendering and changing the line to a grey (don't save the file during this), export the image for later use and then revert the document back to last saved version.

It gives the effect of looking through the wall.

Here's one I use all the time, and it's hands-down the easiest, most intuitive way to hide stuff temporarily and quickly. I can send it to you if you want. It's a vectorscript plug-in that I put in my 'object context" menu using the workspace editor, so i can right click (or option-click) on an object and get an option to "hide selected" and that one item goes away. Or you can select multiple items and hide those also, or you can even select one item and pick "hide others" and everything else goes away. I then right-click on empty space and get an option to "show all" and everything reappears. It's great for quickly hiding stuff temporarily without having to change attributes all the time.

[ 06-11-2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: tom kyler ]