Possible Text Glitch?

GlueDT92

Question

It seems that Vectorworks is unable to display the size of text that is about 3276.7 point font. For example, if I have a text block that sized at 2000 point, the field in the OIP reads as 2000. However, if I increase that same text block to 5000 point, the OIP now reads 3276.7.

Does anyone else have this issue or can they reproduce it, or is this a system issue on my end? I am running VW17, SP 4 on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Confirmed on MacOS, vwx 2017.  But it's not new.  I think the size field has a limit in (all?) recent versions.  I also think some earlier versions could not make the text bigger than whatever that limit was - may be a false recollection. Probably some earlier threads about this.  Moderators please add to file.

The font can be larger than 3276.6, even WAY larger, but the OIP field never reports value larger than 3276.7.  The Custom> Set Size dialog accepts larger values, but after OK to close, then reopen with same text box selected at larger font size, the dialog reports max 3276.7.

The Set Size dialog reports correct(?) size for selected text or text box if the value is lower than 3276.7.

I tried a few fonts. My OIP size field max value is 3276.7 for all the fonts I tested.

-B

TextLimit.png

Edited by Benson Shaw

My set size dialogue box reports 3276.7  once you surpass the limit. In order to figure out what size the text is, I basically just have to guess & check until I get it right - lucky I almost always work in increments of 100!

It wouldn't really be an issue for me if the dialogue box reported the correct text size, just a minor inconvenience, but the total lack of info is problematic.