Property Line Tool

Is there a way to change the unit of measure in the property line tool from feet and inches to feet and hundredth of a foot (from 00'-00" to 00.00'). This would be for both the input dialoge box and the dimensions printed on the site plan?

Rick Bohl

• 4 years later...

Is this STILL the case? We need to change the PRIMARY dimension style to decimal? Is there no way to assign a different dimension style to the property line object?

If so, that is not good. As an architect, my primary dimension style is feet and inches but if I need to draw a site plan, I want it to be dimensioned in decimals of a foot.

Is there some other way for me to skin this cat?

Yes- while the use of WGR's is the 'best practice' for the site model/plan, most small residential projects do not call for civil engineers and therefore it's usually left to the architect to draw the site plan, or build the site model.

And frankly VW still works best when using the 'one file' approach: the use of WGR's 'breaks' some features (eg. associative dimensions).

It is a frustrating limitation that you cannot have different default units active in one file at the same time.

As far as I know- site plans, stake objects, property lines, etc should always be in decimal units (either metric or imperial). I love the stake object, but I hate having to switch to decimal units to use it correctly.

Regards,

Tim