3D object disappears under imported PDF file

terefere

Question

Hey All,

I have created a seating layout with 3D chair objects that I would like to place "on top" of an imported PDF file (layout of the venue).

Once the PDF has been imported I select my 3D objects and move them over to be positioned "on top" of the PDF layout. Unfortunately they are not visible to they eye, if I hover over the 3D object it get's highlighted.

I'm attaching a screenshot, white space is the PDF file and the highlighted rectangular shape are my 3D object.

Can somebody tell me how to make the PDF move to back, so that my objects appear on top?

THANK YOU! 

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 1.21.14 PM.png

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Either right click on the PDF and choose Send > Send to Back

OR

If the PDF is on another layer, edit the layer stacking order so that the PDF layer is stacked under the other layers. This is done under Tools > Organization, you'll see that one of the columns is numbered, with 1 being the top of the stack and the lowest number being the bottom.

Thanks Jim.

Send to back doesn't work, that was my first go to.

I've updated the stacking order and PDF is on a lower number then the 3D object, unfortunately this doesn't help neither.

A note: I have some 2D objects drawn-in on the same layer as the 3D chairs and all of the 2D objects appear on top of the PDF - it's only the 3D chairs.

Help!

Just now, Kevin McAllister said:

The PDF also needs to be assigned to the layer plane with the seating symbol on top of it if they're on the same layer. If its assigned to the screen plane it will always be in front of a 3d object in any view other than Top/Plan (your green background indicates you're in a 3d view, likely Top).

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, how do I assign layers?