whashisface

Window to Window Style

4 posts in this topic

Is there a way to convert a window you have created to a window style [similarly with a door]? The only way I seem to be able to create a new window style is by duplicating a window style from the resource browser unless I'm missing something.

As I'm still getting used to using window and door styles I often forget to set up a new style first and often want to turn a window I have already created into a window style to use across a project. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

Once you have the window or door configured the way you want it to be, convert it to a symbol, make it a group symbol in the options, and they you can place it wherever you need it.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:50 AM, whashisface said:

Is there a way to convert a window you have created to a window style [similarly with a door]? The only way I seem to be able to create a new window style is by duplicating a window style from the resource browser unless I'm missing something.

As I'm still getting used to using window and door styles I often forget to set up a new style first and often want to turn a window I have already created into a window style to use across a project. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

You can right-click on the Window or Door instance and choose the "New plug-in Style from Unstyled Plug-in" contextual command (or select the object and choose the same option in the "Style" popup in the Object Info palette). This will create a new Style with all parameters set to match the instance.