Vectorworks 2016 Mac - Object Info palette does not update when selecting object

Problem:

Vectorworks 2016 Mac SP6 Build 343259 (64-bit) - (Fundamentals & Spotlight) - The Object Info Palette does not update with the selected objects information.

This affects all files I work with.

I have spent considerable time searching for a solution to this problem. 

I have tried resetting the workspace, with the problem not being resolved.

I can get the Object Info Palette to refresh by saving, but only if I have made a change to the file such as a view change.

This is slowing down my workflow considerably.  The program is not functioning as intended and I'd like some help resolving the issue.  

This occurs even after restarts of computer and the program.  It occurs every time I use the program regardless. EDIT: It occurs after a few minutes of using the program and almost always after using the Seating Arrangement or the Lighting Pipe tools. 

Edited by Joshua Tillman

I am loathe to suggest a reinstall of the software but I have had problems with parametric tools in there past causing weird bugs like this. The advice was always a reinstall. You should contact tech support first before you do anything as time consuming as this just yet.

Sorry not to be more helpful. Some of my wiser colleagues on this board will no doubt speak up a little later. This thread lists the problem following using a parametric object so you are not alone. 

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1

One other thing to try is to

1) Create a new macOS User Account & restart;

2) Log in to the new User Account;

3) Open Vw (you may need your S/N info) and see if you still have the problem.

That what you could know if the issue is related to your User Account or to the Vw Installation itself.

• Like 1
On 6/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, rDesign said:

One other thing to try is to

1) Create a new macOS User Account & restart;

2) Log in to the new User Account;

3) Open Vw (you may need your S/N info) and see if you still have the problem.

That what you could know if the issue is related to your User Account or to the Vw Installation itself.

I'll give this a try today, that's a good idea.